Due to the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Township has made the decision to cancel the Winter Session of the Recreation Department’s Preschool Program in the best interest of the students, teachers, and our residents.
Restrictions severely limit the number of children we are able to serve at both Point Ariel Park and the Rec Center, and current requirements would not allow our preschool program to run without risk to the safety of the children. As a result, we have made the decision not to offer the preschool program in January. While this decision is not an easy one and not one made lightly, we are hopeful that in the near future we will be able to bring back the education that our residents have come to expect from our program over the past 30 years.
We wish you a healthy and safe winter, and hope to see you in Spring 2021!
Please be advised that the municipal building is still closed to the public; however, we are fully staffed and operational. The municipal offices are accessible by phone Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:45 pm or via email.
As the municipal building remains closed to the public, the drive-through window will be open for taxes Monday-Friday from 8:30 am-5:00 pm. In addition, there is a dropbox receptacle outside the entrance nearest to the drive-through window. The dropbox may be used for any township documents.
Important information and links: (Updated 1/14/21)
- The Camden County Vaccination Center is open to administer vaccines, Monday-Saturday, 9am to at 4pm Camden County College, 200 College Drive, Blackwood, New Jersey. www.camdencounty.com/vaccineregistration
Registration is online only and it includes: Group 1A and now includes 65 and over and people with medical conditions 14 to 65.
If you want to confirm what group you are in please refer to Camden County Vaccine Information and Updates: https://www.camdencounty.com/service/covid-19-updates-and-preparations/vaccine-information/
All can register: If you are part of 1st group 1A and certain priority groups in 1B you can register now. If you are not part of the current priority groups, there is a link to sign up for getting notified. You can sign up for being notified. You will be notified when It is your time to register.
- Other Vaccination Sites:
– CAMcare Health Corporation, 817 Federal Street, Camden NJ 08103 856.583.2400
– CAMcare Health Corporation, 121 South White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ 856.583.2400
– Project H.O.P.E., 519-525 West Street, Camden, NJ 08103, 856.968.2320 www.projecthopecamden.org
- NJDOH has set up or will be setting up six mega-sites throughout the state. Register online at NJDOH site. https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
- The Meadowlands Complex in East Rutherford, Bergen County.
- Rockaway Townsquare in Morris County.
- The New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison, Middlesex County.
- The Moorestown Mall in Burlington County.
- Rowan College of South Jersey in Sewell, Gloucester County www.RCSJ.edu/vaccine
- The Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic County.
- COVID-19 Information Hub, a new, visitor-friendly website available at https://covid19.nj.gov
- State Department of Health has established a 24-hour public hotline – 800-222-1222.
- Camden County has partnered with Touch New Jersey to bring FREE food distribution to those in need throughout Camden County every Friday at 11am. Find dates & more information here: https://glotwp.com/news/free-camden-county-food-distribution-fridays/
- Meals Available for Camden County Seniors in Need!If you or a senior you know needs meal assistance, please call (856) 374-MEAL or (856) 858-3220 to make arrangements. Healthy residents interested in volunteering should contact (856) 374-6396. More information:
- Did you lose your job or have your hours reduced as a result of COVID-19? Visit the COVID-19 Jobs Portal: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Report a concern: this includes reporting a fallen tree, a pothole, trash or recycling issue and more. Simply send a text message with the word “hello” to (856) 644-6414
- Pay Taxes/Sewer bills: You can mail in a check or pay online: Click here.
- Pay traffic tickets: Click here
- Forms: Residents can access and download a variety of community development forms online and then fax those forms to the department Click Here
- Monitor event changes and cancellations Click here
- Report Sewer Issues: please call 856-227-8666, payments can be made via regular mail or online at com
– Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine 1 Medical Drive, Stratford, NJ 08084 (888) 253-9133 https://rowanmedicine.com/vaccine/
– RMG Mount Ephraim, 2 S Black Horse Pike, Mt. Ephraim, New Jersey, 856.931.3107
– Shoprite Pharmacy # 507 1200 Chews Landing Rd, Laurel Springs, NJ 08021 Camden (856) 435-0046
– Shoprite Pharmacy #531, Route 73and Minck, West Berlin, NJ 856.768.6688
Additional Closures & Event/Activity Changes (Updated 11/17/20)
- Due to the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Township has made the decision to cancel the Winter Session of the Recreation Department’s Preschool Program in the best interest of the students, teachers, and our residents.
- Gloucester Township Playgrounds Open as of 7/2. Please maintain social distancing (6 ft apart), wash or sanitize hands after equipment use, and most importantly stay home if you feel sick to help keep our community safe.
- Municipal Court has been operating via Zoom. The Court will reach out to you for directions to log in. (please email Patricia Carroll firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senior Services will be closed indefinitely, including Senior Bus Transportation
- Recreation Center will be closed. All programs are cancelled indefinitely (email Diane Jones email@example.com, Bill Fagan firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Point Arial Park will be closed. All programs are cancelled indefinitely
- Gloucester Township Library resumed operations on a non-contact basis. For more info please click here
- Mainstage Center for the Arts is be closed indefinitely–Please call (856) 302-6485 1pm-5pm, Mon-Thu; or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloucester Township Pool has been closed for the summer.
- Community Shred Day at Public Works Fall event has been cancelled and will be rescheduled for some time in April, COVID-19 permitting.
Gloucester Township Police Department and Department of Public Works will continue operations as usual.
Trash pick-up and recycling will continue to follow normal schedule.
IF YOU HAVE A POLICE EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911.
If you have a police non-emergency that requires immediate police assistance, please call 856-228-4500
Residents are encouraged to monitor the Gloucester Township website as well as social media channels for further information and updates.
We apologize for any operational inconvenience as we continue to work with County, State, and Federal government on this national emergency situation.
Please continue to monitor Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019nCoV/index.html and https://glotwp.com/news/covid19/