When: March 26, 2018 Council Meeting
Where: Council Chambers
Every March, Gloucester Township Mayor and Council celebrate Women’s History Month by honoring outstanding Women Who Make A Difference within our community. Nominations are now being accepted for exemplary citizens who have demonstrated significant contributions in the area of community service, personal or professional achievements, or general good deeds that have impacted favorably on our citizens.
The nomination must include an essay supporting the nominee’s accomplishments. The nominations will be evaluated by a three member panel appointed by the Mayor. The awards will be presented on Monday, March 26th, 2018 during the Gloucester Township Council Meeting at the Gloucester Township Municipal Building.
Nomination forms are available online and must be returned by Thursday, March 8th at 5:00 PM to the Township Clerk’s Office via mail, fax or email.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Exemplary employment performance does not qualify as community service.
- Must be an exemplary citizen who has demonstrated significant contributions in the areas of community service.
- Must currently reside or work in Gloucester Township.
- Nominators must submit an essay supporting his/her nominee’s accomplishments.
- Please attach the essay to the nomination form. Also, letters of reference and documentation (i.e. certificates of merit, newspaper articles, etc.) may be included with the submission application.
- Past recipients are not eligible (Please see the list)
Please note due to the high interest of nominees a maximum of ten honorees will be selected each year.
Gloucester Township Women’s History Month Past Honorees
Catherine G. Goerke
Crisis Intervention Team
Anna Mae Redrow
Rev. Margaret Sterchi
Pastor Lady Gilbert
Mary Francis Parisi
Madelyn A. Jankowski
Gianna Rose Ritz
Susanne Valenti Reilly
Gulcin Rose Bal
Anne Marie Clark
Mary Ann Johnson