When: October 10th, 2018 Council Meeting
Where: Council Chambers
Every September 15th to October 15th, Gloucester Township Mayor and Council celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month by honoring outstanding Latino members of our community. Nominations are now being accepted for exemplary citizens who have demonstrated significant contributions in the area of community service, personal or professional achievements, or general good deeds that have impacted favorably on our citizens.
The nomination must include an essay supporting the nominee’s accomplishments. The nominations will be evaluated by a three-member panel appointed by the Mayor. The awards will be presented on Wednesday, October 10th during the Gloucester Township Council Meeting at the Gloucester Township Municipal Building.
Nomination forms must be returned to the Township Clerk’s Office on Monday, October 1st at 5:00 PM. Forms can be mailed, faxed or sent by email.
Nominees should meet the following criteria:
- Must be an exemplary citizen who has demonstrated significant contributions in the areas of community service.
- Must currently reside or work in Gloucester Township.
- Nominators must submit an essay supporting his/her nominee’s accomplishments. Please attach the essay to the nomination form. Also, letters of reference and documentation (i.e. certificates of merit, newspaper articles, etc.) may be included with the submission application.
- Past recipients are not eligible. (See the list of previous recipients below)
- Exemplary employment performance does not qualify as community service.
Please note that due to the high interest of nominees a maximum of ten honorees will be selected each year.
Gloucester Township Hispanic Heritage Month
Mrs. Elizabeth Perez
Pastor Jose Velez Ph.D.
Dr. Yvonne Enid Gonzalez Rodriguez
Edwin Rosa, Jr.
Esther Gonzalez Velazquez
Steven Perez Badillo
Yessenia Garcia Lebron
Nadia Lizbeth Ayala-Claros