The Monday May 7th Workshop meeting of the Township Council has been canceled.
Municipal Clerk: Nancy Power
Ordinances, Resolutions & Notices
5-2-18: Please be advised that the Camden County Board of Commissioners have approved moving district 19 in with district 34 at the Camden County Technical School.
Council Meeting Minutes – 2018
Council Meeting Minutes – 2017
- 12/27/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 12/11/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 11/27/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 11/13/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 11/06/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 10/23/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 10/11/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 10/02/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 09/25/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 09/11/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 09/06/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 08/28/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 08/14/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 08/07/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 07/24/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 07/10/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 06/26/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 06/12/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 06/05/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 05/22/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 05/08/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 04/24/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 04/10/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 04/03/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 03/27/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 03/13/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 03/06/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 02/27/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 02/13/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 02/06/17 Council Workshop Minutes
- 01/23/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 01/09/17 Council Meeting Minutes
- 01/03/17 Council Reorganization Minutes
- 01/03/17 Council Meeting Minutes
Council Meeting Minutes – Previous Years
Please select the year from the drop down list below:
Download the Current Council Agenda
Council Meeting Agenda – Archive
- Council Agenda 09/10/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 09/05/18
- Council Agenda 08/27/18
- Council Agenda 08/27/18-CORRECTED
- Council Agenda 08/13/18
- Council Agenda 08/13/18 ADDENDUM
- Council Agenda 08/13/18 ADDENDUM #2
- Council Workshop Agenda 08/06/18
- Council Agenda 07/23/18 ADDENDUM
- Council Agenda 07/23/18
- Council Agenda 07/09/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 07/02/18
- Council Agenda 06/25/18
- Council Agenda 06/11/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 06/04/18
- Council Agenda 05/30/18
- Council Agenda 05/14/18
- Council Agenda 04/23/18
- Budget Amendment 2018 - Council Meeting 4/23/18
- Council Agenda 04/09/18 - AMENDED
- Council Workshop Agenda 04/02/18
- Council Agenda 03/26/18
- Council Agenda 03/12/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 03/05/18
- Council Agenda 02/26/18
- Council Agenda 02/12/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 02/05/18
- Council Agenda 01/22/18
- Council Agenda 01/08/18
- Council Agenda - Reorganization 01/03/18
- Council Workshop Agenda 01/03/18
- Council Agenda 12/27/17
- Council Agenda 12/27/17 ADDENDUM
- Council Agenda 12/11/17
- Council Agenda 11/27/17
- Council Agenda 11/27/17 ADDENDUM
- Council Agenda 11/13/17
- Council Workshop Agenda 11/06/17
- Council Agenda 10/23/17
- Council Agenda 10/11/17
- Council Agenda-AMENDED 10/11/17
- Council Workshop Agenda 10/02/17
- Council Agenda 09/25/17
- Council Agenda 09/11/17
- Council Workshop Agenda 09/06/17
- Council Agenda 08/28/17
- Council Agenda 08/14/17
- Council Agenda 08/14/17 REVISED
- Council Workshop Agenda 08/07/17
- Council Agenda 07/24/17
- Council Agenda 07/10/17
- Council Agenda 06/26/17
- Council Agenda 06/12/17
- Council Workshop Agenda 06/05/17
- Council Agenda 05/22/17
- Council Agenda 05/08/17
- Council Workshop Agenda 05/01/17
- 4/24/17 Council Meeting Agenda
- Council Workshop Agenda 04/03/17
- 03/27/17 Council Meeting Agenda
- 03/13/17 Council Meeting Agenda
- 03/06/17 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 02/27/17
- Council Agenda 02/13/17
- 02/06/17 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 01/23/17
- Council Agenda 01/09/17
- 01/03/17 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 01/03/17-Reorganization
- Council Agenda 12/28/16
- Council Agenda 12/28/16-Addendum
- Council Agenda 12/12/16
- Council Agenda 12/12/16-Addendum
- 12/05/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 11/28/16
- Council Meeting Addendum 11/28/16
- Council Meeting Addendum2 11/28/16
- Council Agenda 11/14/16
- 11/07/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 10/24/16
- Council Agenda 10/12/16
- 10/03/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 09/26/16
- Council Agenda 09/12/16
- 09/07/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 08/22/16
- Council Agenda 08/08/16
- 8/1/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 07/25/16
- Council Agenda 07/11/16
- 07/06/16 Council Workshop Agenda
- Council Agenda 06/27/16
- Council Agenda 06/13/16
- Council Agenda 05/23/16
- Council Agenda 05/16/16
- Council Meeting Agenda 05/09/16
Clerk’s Office Downloads
The full list of available documents for download can be found on our Downloads page
January 8, 2018
January 22, 2018
February 12, 2018
February 26, 2018
March 12, 2018
March 26, 2018
April 9, 2018
April 23, 2018
May 14, 2018
May 30, 2018 (Wednesday)
June 11, 2018
June 25, 2018
July 9, 2018
July 23, 2018
August 13, 2018
August 27, 2018
September 10, 2018
September 24, 2018
October 10, 2018 (Wednesday)
October 22, 2018
November 14, 2018 (Wednesday)
November 26, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 26, 2018 (Wednesday)
Regular Session and Executive Session Meetings of the Township Council shall be held on the above dates at 7:30 pm (prevailing time) at the Gloucester Township Municipal Building, Chews Landing Road, Chews Landing, New Jersey.
Attention Dog & Cat Owners
Please take notice that the Township Clerk’s Office is issuing new and renewal dog and cat licenses for 2016. Please note that any dog or cat license renewed after March 31, 2016 will incur a $15.00 late fee per dog or cat. Any new dog or cat license will not be issued a late fee. The Clerk’s Office will need to see a copy of an updated rabies certificate. You may obtain your dog or cat license in person or by mail. You may also check with the Clerk’s Office at 856-374-3534.
Township of Gloucester
Dog & Cat Licensing
P.O. Box 8
Blackwood NJ 08012
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your check made payable to “Township of Gloucester”
Spayed or Neutered $21.00
Non-spayed or Neutered
$24.00 Any license renewed after March 31, will incur a $15.00 late fee.
Chapter 47 Pets
Dogs are required to be licensed once they are seven months old and are living in the State of New Jersey. Licenses are renewable beginning in the month of January of each year and continuing throughout the year. There will be a $15.00 late fee per dog on all licenses renewed after March 31st. In order to renew a dog or cat license, the Township Clerk’s Office requires a current rabies certificate from the Vet.
Dogs & cats are strictly prohibited from: running loose (at large), defecating on any portion of public or private property (owners must dispose of feces in a suitable and sanitary manner) and habitual/excessive barking is prohibited.
Clerk’s Office FAQ
Where is my voting district?
Fill out the form on this website to find your voting district.
Where is my polling place?
LIST OF POLLING PLACES FOR 2016
|DISTRICT 1||Glendora Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 2||Chews United Methodist Church|
|DISTRICT 3||Our Lady of Hope Community Center|
|DISTRICT 4||Blenheim Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 5||Palace Caterers|
|DISTRICT 6||Camden County Emergency Training Center|
|DISTRICT 7||Gloucester Township Library|
|DISTRICT 8||Erial Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 9||Stetser Lamartine American Legion|
|DISTRICT 10||Camden County Emergency Training Center|
|DISTRICT 11||Chews Landing Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 12||Municipal Building Council Room|
|DISTRICT 13||Stetser Lamartine American Legion|
|DISTRICT 14||Gloucester Township Recreation Center|
|DISTRICT 15||Gloucester Township Senior Center|
|DISTRICT 16||Chews Landing Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 17||Charles W. Lewis School (Library)|
|DISTRICT 18||Timber Creek High School (auxiliary gym)|
|DISTRICT 19||Union Valley Elementary School (gym)|
|DISTRICT 20||Pt. Ariel Community Center|
|DISTRICT 21||Chews Landing Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 22||Chews United Methodist Church|
|DISTRICT 23||Gloucester Township Recreation Center|
|DISTRICT 24||Our Lady of Hope Community Center|
|DISTRICT 25||Municipal Building Council Room|
|DISTRICT 26||Chews Landing Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 27||Gloucester Township Recreation Center|
|DISTRICT 28||Gloucester Township Recreation Center|
|DISTRICT 29||Ann A. Mullen School (library)|
|DISTRICT 30||Pt. Ariel Community Center|
|DISTRICT 31||James Lilley School (gym)|
|DISTRICT 32||Erial Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 33||Timber Creek High School (auxiliary gym)|
|DISTRICT 34||Camden County Technical School (conference center)|
|DISTRICT 35||Ann A. Mullen School (library)|
|DISTRICT 36||James Lilley School (gym)|
|DISTRICT 37||Gloucester Township Senior Center|
|DISTRICT 38||Charles W. Lewis School (Library)|
|DISTRICT 39||Erial Fire Company|
|DISTRICT 40||Our Lady of Hope Community Center|
Board of Elections information
Voting is one of the most precious rights we have as Americans. Of course, it was not always that way. Over time, many people in our nation fought – and some gave their lives – for the cause of equal voting rights for all individuals. That tells us something about the power of the vote. Like all hard-won rights, voting is something we should not treat lightly. It is a right we should respect, and it is a right we should exercise.
The Township Clerk is available on all Election days, as noted below, to answer questions and assist Camden County Officials in ensuring that each election runs as smoothly as possible.
You Can Register to Vote if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You will be 18 years of age by the next election
- You will be a resident of the State and county 30 days before the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
Am I Registered to Vote?
To find out if you are already registered to vote please call either the Camden County Superintendent of Elections at 856-661-3555. You may also check with the Clerk’s Office at 856-374-3534
- New Jersey Division of Elections
- Camden County Superintendent of Elections, 100 University Ct. PO Box 158, Blackwood, NJ 08012
- Municipal Clerk’s Office
The deadline to register to vote is 21 days prior to an election.
Registration forms are also available at Division of Motor Vehicle offices. You can also register to vote at the same time you are applying for assistance or service at the following agencies:
- New Jersey Medical Assistance and Health Services Program
- WIC (Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infant & Children)
- Work First New Jersey Programs
- Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Office of Disability Services – Department of Human Services – Public Offices
- Armed Forces of the United States Recruitment Offices
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services – Department of Labor
- Commission of the Blind & Visually Impaired
- County Welfare Agency or County Board of Social Services
You may also print a registration application and after entering required data, mail it to the Commissioner of Registration Office address shown below. In addition, this form can be used for name and address changes. The Commissioner of Registration cannot accept faxed copies or an electronic transmission of a voter registration form since an original signature is required. The registrant must down load the form and send the hard copy to the Commissioner of Registration. The registration deadline to vote at the next election is 21 days prior to election day.
The Voter Registration Applications can be either dropped off at the Township Clerk’s Office or mailed to:
Camden County Superintendent of Elections
100 University Ct.
PO Box 158
Blackwood, NJ 08012
How, When and Where Can I Change My Party Affiliation?
A registered voter desiring to affiliate with a party or change their party affiliation must file a new registration application, marking the appropriate box at the top of the form indicating that they are making a party affiliation change. These changes must be made up to 50 days before a primary election to still vote in that primary election. These forms are also available at the Township Clerk’s Office or at your local Commissioner of Registration Office. Once completed the form must be mailed or delivered to:
Camden County Superintendent of Elections
100 University Ct.
PO Box 158
Blackwood, NJ 08012
If you have not previously declared your party affiliation you may do so at the polls when you go to vote in your first Primary Election. After that, you may change your party affiliation or change to unaffiliated by filing out the change form no later than 55 days before a primary election.
If you are a registered member of the Green Party, Libertarian Party, Natural Law Party, Reform Party, U.S. Constitution Party or the Conservative Party, you can participate in the convention of that party, according to its bylaws, but you cannot vote in either the Democratic or Republican Primary.
If you are a previously affiliated voter who becomes unaffiliated, you must file the declaration form no later than 55 days before the primary in order vote in either primary.
Declaration must be filed no later than 55 days preceding the primary in which the voter wishes to vote. A newly registered voter, an unaffiliated voter or a voter who has never voted in a primary election, can affiliate with the Democratic or Republican Party on the day of the primary.
How Do I Obtain a Vote-by-Mail Application?
The State of New Jersey has updated the law for absentee voting to now be “Vote By Mail.” This change in the law now makes it easier for you, the voter, to cast your ballot. You now have the option to receive mail-in ballots for all elections in a calendar year, or a mail-in ballot for all future November General Elections. A voter may apply for the Vote By Mail ballot by completing an Application and mailing the application to:
Camden County Clerk’s Office
P.O. Box 150
Camden, New Jersey 08101-0150
Applications are also available at the County Clerk’s Office, the Township Municipal Clerk’s Office, and all County Store locations.
Your application must be received seven (7) days prior to the election if sent via mail. You can also apply in person the Camden County Clerk’s Office up until 3:00 pm the day before the election. Only active duty military and voters residing overseas may apply by fax or e-mail. All other voters must apply in writing, with original signature. If you applied for a Vote By Mail Ballot and did not receive or return the ballot, you may vote by provisional ballot at the polls.
Where Do I Vote?
Click on the link below to find out where to vote in your District, or call the Clerk’s Office at 856-374-3534
I have recently moved and did not change my address with the Camden County Superintendent of Elections, where do I vote? –
The voter is to go to the polling place of the voting district to which the voter has moved to get permission to vote through the provisional voting procedure. The District Board worker shall receive verification from the Board of Elections or the Superintendent of Elections to confirm that the voter is indeed a registered voter in the county.
If the voter’s registration is confirmed, the voter makes a written affirmation regarding the change of address. The District Board worker provides provisional ballot and affirmation statement to the voter for completion. The affirmation statement constitutes a transfer to the registrant’s new residence for any subsequent election and no further action for change of address is required.
If the voter’s registration in NOT confirmed, the voter will not be permitted to vote. The voter has the right to go to Superior Court and obtain a Court Order to permit them to vote.
Code of Ordinances
The landlord registration requirement applies to all rental premises or units used for dwelling purposes except owner-occupied premises with not more than two rental units.
Within 30 days of transfer of ownership, or creation of new apartments, the owner must file appropriate registration statements with the Township Clerk for one or two family non-owner occupied rental dwellings.
For dwellings with more than two rental units the landlord must go to the Bureau of Housing Inspection in the Department of Community Affairs (DCA). A copy of the filed statement will be mailed by DCA to the Borough Clerk for the public records of the municipality.
Please click here for the Certificate of Registration (pdf) to be filed with the Borough Clerk for one or two family non-owner occupied rental dwellings.
After any change in the information required to be included, every landlord shall file an amended certificate of registration within 20 days of the change.
At the time of filing a Certificate of Registration, the landlord shall provide each occupant or tenant in the premises with a copy of the Certificate of Registration. Upon the filing of an amendment to a Certificate of Registration, the landlord shall provide each occupant or tenant in the premises with a copy of the Amended Certificate of Registration within 7 days of filing.
A request for access to or for a copy of Government Records should be submitted on the OPRA Form which has been adopted by the Municipal Clerk as the Custodian of Records.
Some records will be immediately available during normal business hours. Some records will require time to compile and to make the copies requested, but will normally be available during normal business hours and within 7 business days. If any document or copy which has been requested in not a public record or cannot be provided within the 7 business days, you will be provided with a response with that information within the 7 business days.
- Immediate access is ordinarily available to view budgets, bills, vouchers, contracts, including collective bargaining negations agreements and individual employment contracts, and public employee salary and overtime information. Minutes of public meetings will be generally available immediately after the minutes have been approved.
- Records which are not readily available or which will require a search of records will be made available as soon as possible and the applicant will be provided with an interim report within 7 business days indicating the time which will be required to provide the records.
- Except as otherwise provided by law or regulation, the fee assessed for the duplication of a printed records shall be:
- 8-1/2 x 11 paper (letter) – $0.05 per page
- 8-1/2 x 14 paper (legal) – $0.07 per page
- Where a request is for a copy in a format other than a photocopy, reasonable efforts will be made to provide the information in the format requested. Thos cost will be based on the costs of producing the format requested.
- Where a legal determination must be made as to whether records are “public records” as provided by law, the request will be reviewed by the Municipal Attorney.
The term “public records” generally includes those records determined to be public in accordance with N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1. The term does not include employee personnel files, police investigation records, public assistance files or other matters in which there is a right of privacy or confidentiality or inter-agency or intra-agency advisory, consultative, or deliberative material or other material which is specifically exempted by law. Therefore, documents submitted to the agency, including emails, may be a government record accessible by the public.
Solicitor Licensing and Peddler Registration
The purpose of Ordinance Chapter 58, which is entitled “Hawkers, Peddlers, Canvassers and Solicitors” is to regulate the distribution of certain materials, canvassing, soliciting, peddling and other forms of door-to-door activities and outdoor activities within Gloucester Township. The registration of persons engaged in the above-mentioned activities should be done with the Gloucester Township Police Department and is required so that the identity of persons going door to door within may be established and residents can feel safe engaging with such persons. Registration of Hawkers, Peddlers, Canvassers and Solicitors is also an effort to reduce general crime and unethical and dishonest business practices in the solicitation of funds within Gloucester Township. It is also for the protection and maintenance of the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the Township.
All applicants are required to be fingerprinted. You must come to the Township Clerk’s Office to obtain the paperwork necessary to have the fingerprinting done at a specified third-party contractor. The current rate charged for fingerprinting is $41.00.
Please click here for the application for a peddling a soliciting license. https://glotwp.com/downloads/Clerk/HawkersPeddlersApplication.pdf
Township Code § 72-3. entitled Excavation and opening; permit required, states that it is unlawful for any person, partnership, association or corporation to cut, break into, excavate or open any of the roads, streets, avenues or highways of Gloucester Township or any portion of the right-of-way thereof, without first making written application to the Township Clerk stating the kind, by a plan showing the location of such work and the scope of the work to be performed including dimensions and specifications, and obtaining a permit for each and every opening. Applications are available in the Township Clerk’s Office.
Yard/Garage Sale Permits
Township Code Chapter 54. entitled Garage Sales, requires that a license must be obtained from the Township Clerk to conduct a yard/garage sale. The deadline for such license to be obtained is no later than the end of the business day prior to the date of the sale.
There is no fee for this license.
No license may be issued to any person or location more than four times in a year.
Yard/garage sales shall not commence before 9:00 a.m. and must be terminated by 6:00PM.
No advertising of yard/garage sales shall be permitted, except that a sign not greater in size than 3 ft by 4 ft may be placed on the property where the sale is to be conducted. Such sign shall be posted not earlier than 7 days prior to the day of the sale and shall be removed not later than 48 hours after the sale is conducted. No sign shall be placed on any public right-of-way.
No signs for advertising or directing customers are to be posted on any place other than the premises of the applicant. The sign is not to exceed two by two (2 x 2) feet in size, cannot be placed on the premises earlier than one (1) week prior to the sale and must be removed within twenty-four (24) hours after the sale has terminated.
Upon termination of the garage sale, and within twenty-four (24) hours thereafter, the licensee shall clean up and remove all debris, trash or unsold items from the site and surrounding area of the location at which such sale was conducted and shall remove any and all display shelves, stands, tables, boxes or other paraphernalia utilized in conducting said sale.
No garage sale shall be located in such manner or conducted in such manner as to block, obstruct or encroach upon any road, street, right-of-way or sidewalk or otherwise impede or impair vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or to create a nuisance.