Sandra Ferguson – Tax Collector.
Christie Ehret – Chief Financial Officer.
Chuck Palumbo – Tax Assessor.
Gloucester Township Tax Office will be accepting prepayments for 2018 property taxes on Thursday December 28, 2017 and through our drive-thru window on Friday, December 30, 2017.
Tax Notice 2019
Taxes are due February 1st. Payment must be received in office by February 11th, 2019, to avoid any interest.
Property Tax Bills—How & When to Pay
(updated July 2018)
Tax bills are due to be mailed out the week of July 23, 2018. The Township has extended the grace period until August 27, 2018 with no interest. Payments not received in the tax office by 5:45 pm on August 27, 2018 will be subject to interest accrued from the original due date of August 1, 2018.
Pay Taxes Online, Office Hours and Drive-Up Window
The Tax Office is open Monday – Thursday from 8:00 A.M. to 5:45 P.M.
Gloucester Township is proud to introduce a new way to pay your taxes. Save gas money and time, and for a small fee of $1.05, you can now pay online with an e-check. To use this feature just find your tax record here and make payment on that page. If you choose to pay with credit card, there is a fee of 2.95% that will be charged at the time of payment.
Tax Drive-Thru Window is open Monday-Friday during the Tax Collection Period Only, the 1st through the 10th, 8AM- 5PM.
In an effort to provide excellent service to our residents while maintaining operational efficiency within our office, GT has automated the receipt and posting of payments made through a bank’s online bill pay service. We ask that residents use their TAX ID NUMBER for reference. We appreciate your compliance with this request as we strive to post your payment as timely as possible.
Please contact Tax Office at 856-228-4000 should you have any questions.
Tax Bills and Payments
FYI: August tax bills have not been mailed as of 7/12/2017. We are waiting for the state so we can issue a tax rate. Expected date: July 20th, 2017. August Quarter Collection will be extended. More information to follow.
Tax Bills are mailed out in July for the balance of that year and the preliminary of the next year. First half taxes are based on previous year taxes. Payments are due quarterly: February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1. We offer a 10 day grace period, the maximum allowed by state law. If the 10th day falls on a weekend or a township holiday, the grace period is extended to the township’s next business day. Make checks payable to “Township of Gloucester.” State Statutes authorize the Township to charge interest at the rate of 8% per year up to $1,500.00, and up to 18% per year on over $1,500.00 in delinquent taxes. A penalty of 6% will be charged on any delinquency in excess of $10,000 if not paid by the end of the fiscal year.
ANY CURRENT YEAR TAXES THAT ARE DELINQUENT AS OF NOV 11th ARE SUBJECT TO TAX SALE AND MUST BE PAID WITH CERTIFIED FUNDS ONLY. TAX SALE WILL OCCUR PRIOR TO DEC 30th OF THE SAME YEAR (NJSA 54:5-19).
Any payments made for liens or during the tax sale period, will have to be made with cash or certified check ONLY.
Mailing Payments and Receipts
Make checks payable to: “Township of Gloucester” Mail to: Gloucester Township Tax Office P.O. Box 8, Blackwood, NJ 08012. Remittances requiring receipt MUST be accompanied by the entire tax bill with a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Otherwise, detach the appropriate stub and mail with your check – the cancelled check will be your receipt.
Senior Citizen/Disability Deduction ($250): Offered to any person over the age of 65 or on disability and income is under $10,000 minus social security.
Veteran Deduction ($250): Offered to any honorably discharged veteran who served during active duty.
Gloucester Township Tax Map
It is recommended to use Internet Explorer for full functionality of this feature.
Gloucester Township Municipal Map Access Instructions:
1. Download and install Adobe Reader, if you do not already have program.
2. Once the “Tax Map” link opens to the maps, double click on the Index Map to open the PDF file.
3. Once opened, click on the “Selection Tool” icon and then hover over the area of the Index “Key Map” (1, 2 or 3) you wish to see in Gloucester Township.
4. Click on that area of the Index Map and that Key Map (1, 2 or 3) will open displaying more detail including the tax map sheet number, block number, street name, etc.
5. Using the same “Selection Tool” icon, click on the “sheet number” to open and display the tax map sheet detailing your subject property.
6. Once the “Tax Map” sheet is opened, you can then “Pan,” “Zoom,” and “Print” the entire sheet or the “current view” that you zoomed to as needed.
7. When finished, just close the window of the opened file and browse back to the “Key Map” file(s) and use the “Selection Tool” icon and click on another “Tax Map” sheet, if needed or you can close the program and exit if done.